12th Grade Economics
- Course Syllabus -
Teacher - Mr. Kinney
Room # - 218
Email - email@example.com
Course Summary: - Economics is a single semester course (required for graduation), which concentrates on the manor theories, practices, and personal applications of wealth. This course will emphasize the further development of your reading, writing, researching, and individual economic knowledge. We will be covering about 2 chapters per week- of which daily homework assignments will be given, weekly quizzes, and tests every Friday or Monday. Each student will also be required to complete one project that is based on creating and monitoring a stock portfolio in combination with a paper for a midterm grade.
This class will be broken up into four major areas of content (with smaller units built into each one):
1.) Basic Economic Theory- learning basic theories, concepts, and vocabulary.
2.) Individual Financial Security- Wages, taxes, savings, investments, purchases, and budget
4.) The World- The Global Society - What are some of the Economic practices of other countries?
- How do our practices/policies affect our economy within the global market?
Economic Course Curriculum Highlights ….
1) Development of Skills - Critical thinking and analysis, Technological,& Writing/Study
3) Developing key understanding of Economic Historical Figures & Concepts
4) Exploring the idea of Global Economics and Interdependency
HW = 15 % * % of Quarter Grade.
Notes = 25 % * % of Quarter Grade.
Quizzes = 20-30 % * %’s will change based on the amount of work done, how many quizzes or tests given
Tests = 20-25 %
Participation = 5-10 % *Also- any approved extra credit assignments will be factored into the final 10wk avg.
Total = 100 %
Mid-Semester & Final Exam Outline…
A.) Midterm - Students will pick 1 Paper topic to research/write, and complete the Economic Project assigned.
a. Paper Topics
1) Biography of Economic Historical Figure and the ideas/concepts created, and the affect economic thought.
2) Comparison of Economic Systems
3) Research and write about two possible career tracks a person majoring in economics in college could pursue.
b. Economic Project…. - Project consists of creating/monitoring a stock portfolio over a 2 week period.
B.) Final - Students will be give a Comprehensive Exam consisting of –
- Multiple Choice Questions - Matching - Fill in the Blank - True/False Statements - Long Answer
- A paper dealing with some concept from the course
1) Each Student starts each quarter with 100, it is up to each individual student to either maintain or lower this avg.
2) Come prepared every day to learn, listen, contribute, and respect the students within the classroom community.
3) If you come into the room late, I know your late you don’t have to come and tell me why. I will either ask you
when you come in or I will simply wait until the end of class to ask you.
4) Late assignments will not be given credit!!!
5) Each day a paper is late ½ letter grade will be deducted, and after a week the paper will be an
6) If student is absent they have…. a. 3 days to turn in Classwork/HW missed.
b. 3 days to make up any Quizzes/Tests missed
c. all missed assignments, quizzes, and tests will be made up on student’s own time!!!
d. Paper are expected within a day of Students return to school
7) Planners are to be used as both passes out of the room (ex. bathroom) and to keep track of daily
assignments. If a student doesn’t have their planner they do not leave the room.
8.) All other school rules apply in this classroom, so don’t break them.